Sweet Potato Cookies
AIP friendly – and a nutritious treat!Add to My Collection
- 200 g sweet potato peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp powdered gelatin
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheated oven of 175°C. Place the grated sweet potato into a pan along with the coconut oil. Cook over a low heat, stirring regularly to evaporate the moisture from the sweet potato.
- Meanwhile, make a gelatin egg by sprinkling the powdered gelatin over 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of lukewarm water. Once dissolved, add 1tablespoon (15 ml) of boiling hot water and mix well until completely the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- When the sweet potatoes have softened in the pan, add the honey and stir well. Cook until all the moisture has evaporated.
- Add the gelatine mixture and to the sweet potato mixture and combine well. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (210 ml) of hot water. Set aside the sweet potato mixture.
- Combine the coconut flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Add the wet sweet potato mixture to the flour and use a wooden spoon to combine.
- Portion the mixture into about 2 tablespoons (40 ml) balls, using your hands to shape into flat cookie shapes. Place the cookies onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and flatten again into 1cm rough shapes using the palm of your hand. Use a cookie cutter to press each rough shape, but do not remove and discard the excess, just leave it on the tray.
- Place the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, turn the oven off without opening the oven door and allow the cookies to continue cooking in the residual heat for another hour until they have slightly cooled.
- Remove the tray from the oven and pick off the excess off-cuts from the cookies. Let cool completely before serving.
Calories: 146kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 2gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 99mgPotassium: 90mgFiber: 5gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 3547IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 41mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!