An easy to make fritters that are low calorie, and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies!Perfect for a snack – or add your favorite proteins on the side. I love shredded chicken mixed with avocado – such a delight!Add to My Collection
- 1 medium stalk zucchini ends removed and coarsely grated
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp red onion chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves minced
- 1 tsp almond or coconut flour
- salt to taste
- Grate zucchini into a bowl, sprinkle with salt and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse salt off in colander and squeeze liquid out of zucchini. Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Start heating oil in a large skillet. Add onion, black pepper and basil to the zucchini. If the batter looks too wet, add a bit of coconut flour just to thicken slightly.
- When the oil is hot but not smoking, put a forkful of batter into the pan. Immediately mashing it down with a fork to spread the batter and form thin pancakes that can crisp easily. Repeat till pan is full.
- When the pancakes are golden brown or deeper brown on the underside, flip them over and cook on the second side. If they have stuck together, cut them in the skillet and flip them individually. When golden brown on the second side, remove pancakes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with crispy bacon or an egg or both.
Calories: 90kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 3gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 31mgPotassium: 30mgSugar: 1gVitamin A: 119IUCalcium: 12mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!